Welcome!!!

Welcome !!!!!
We welcome entries that are not traditional scrapbooking - such as art journalling, painting, cards, mixed media, off-the-page work. However you like to create - we welcome your work!



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

30th august 11 prompt challenge ...

Time for our second prompt challenge. You have until the 14th of September at midnight to post your take on the challenge to be eligible for our prize this month. You will have a second chance to enter a layout for this prize on the 15th of September during our sketch challenge for September.

Our prize this month is a $25.00 gift certificate to Scrapbookers.com!!!

The challenge this time is to scrap your birthplace and year – incorporating at least two things that were popular in culture that year as an embellishment (song title, historical event, movie, hero or heroine) – you can include baby photos instead of photos of your birthplace if you wish. Please include a link to another scrapbooking challenge website in your blog posting for this. If you are shy to scrap your year of birth, then why not try some hidden journalling????

You might have some luck on the internet for suitable embellishments, or popular songs, etc. Try it, and see what you find!!

Here's what our awesome design team did for this challenge:










and me :)



Let's see how many come and play this challenge!!! Please add a comment to the blog after you link up your blog posting to Mr. Linky!!

Here is what our participants have done!! You may have to view using Mozilla as a browser for this website.











11 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love love this challenge!!! I have the perfect pic for it ... I just hope I can find it!! And I hope I have time to make it! lol! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm difficult, but so interesting. Awesome works from design time !!! Love it !
    Cherubs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Julie ~ it sounds like a really fun [in my case 'swingin' ~ I was born in the 1960's!!] challenge. . . think I'll have a go at this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I could look at these fantastic pages all day. Fantastic challenge Anne - it really got us thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently unearthed a set of photos my Grandad took of our home town, around the time I was born. I'm planning a minibook with modern versions, so this is ringing some bells. September's a busy month but I may have time......

    ReplyDelete
  6. People are always asking me what I mean when I ask participants to put a link to another website in your blog posting. What I mean is - when you post on your blog with your layout for this or any other challenge, please also put a link in that posting to another fun, interesting or inspirational scrapbooking blog or website. Most of us love to cruise the internet (it's free!!) for inspiration, and I like to see other great ideas plugged that we can share!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved this challenge Anne. Got mine done. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, got mine done, too - not quite if I've linked right, that's all. First timer & all:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woops! Have linked up twice ~ second time was to correct post link, but now I can't get rid of the first one... HEEELP, Anne. Hope you can fix it - sorry:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting challenge! Love this freaking scrappy challenge site!!

    ReplyDelete